Saturday, March 27, 2010

aaa What's a Black Hole of Luck Memoir?

~
I used to love those "soup" books with all their warm fuzzy stories, but after a while they got a little mundane. Besides, life isn't really like that for me. My life is not warm or fuzzy most of the time. Most of the time really weird things happen to me. There are no books for stories that would be a part of my life. My life is just too dysfunctional.

So one day, when a man was on the hood of my car while I was on a busy boulevard and I had 911 on my cell phone trying to get someone to come and take him off, I came up with the idea of "The Black Hole of Luck Memoirs." (The term Black Hole of Luck had actually been given to me by my brother-in-law years earlier in Vegas - but that's a whole other story.) These are stories of weirdness that happens in my life. I hope you enjoy them.

If any of you have a "Black Hole of Luck" tale, feel free to post it here. I'm thinking about creating a book of these stories one day, so if you'd like for your story to be considered, put your email address in the post. I moderate my posts, so I'll make sure to record your email address and name, but I'll take it out before I post it to the blog to protect your privacy.

What constitutes a "Black Hole of Luck" tale? Something that happened to you or someone you know that is so darn weird or unlucky that it is funny. No one can get killed in your story or permanently maimed. Read some of my tales, and I think you'll get the idea.

You'll recognize the Black Hole of Luck tales on this blog because their titles start with Black Hole of Luck Memoirs. I'll be adding more as I get a chance, so keep checking back.

Thanks for reading!

Pam D.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment